Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My childhood dreams (till the present time…)

Dream Big Baron
When I was three I dreamt to be a Magician and cut in half a woman’s body (but I realized it’s just a trick).

One “family member” in every generation takes up Education. I was five when I thought I am that “person” but Auntie once told me that “being a teacher is not a profession it’s a noble vocation”.

When I reached the age of 8 all I wanted is to enter University of Sto .Tomas, I don’t know why but I simply fascinated whenever I see the said school.

When I entered high school I vision to be an accountant, my dad used to work in an Accounting Firm here in Manila, His office mates influenced me to love Math, at first I hate the said subject (but dealing with numbers challenges me more).

When the time comes that I must decide in what field I must pursue in college, I desired to be a Fine Arts major, I used to paint and sketch as well as to love doing collages and abstract arts but Mom and Dad said firmly “There’s no future in your chosen course, son”.

A month before my High school graduation, I went to Mapua Institute of Technology (MIT) to inquire in their curriculum and courses but a massive number of students are protesting regarding some issues about the school’s management. I was discouraged to take engineering course.

Mom and Dad decides on my behalf, I was 16 way back then, I entered Colegio de San Juan de Letran, taking up Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. I never been in love with “Technology” I must say I desire to be one in nature or arts (but they know best, right?)

A year and half (or three semester) I transferred in Adamson University to continue my field of study. I’m turning 18 when I appreciated IT, the course is broad but you can always HAVE a choice to choose to pursue the path you desire the most.

A month before my College commencement exercises I am busy hunting for work. I want to be a programmer : After graduation, I aspire to be a project manager(PM).

Then a realization rocks my thoughts, I was 22 a year ago when I told myself that “hey, you need a concrete plan… need to establish a career, a path in your own choice… dream big but reachable not just imaginable…

I started to think, I’m no good in programming (Yes, I can execute commands but developing a project is a hard task to do and being a PM needs working experience, solid background in management and leading a team)

I’m near 23 years old when I landed a JOB. I must say the path that I’m engaging today is not the field that I have handle or encountered in the past, I’m learning new things and adapting my new environment. Its tough task but I want to accomplish my dreams. Now I know what path I’m really wanted to pursue and I will start building my foundation to reach my goals. In time I’ll achieve my desire position and career path… in time… in time…

No comments:

Post a Comment