Tuesday, September 3, 2013

HP Run 2013: Running with my Officemates.

“Run for Fitness. Run for a Cause”. Last Sunday, September 1, 2013 HP community and organizers opened the much anticipated event to the public with bigger venue held at Mercato, BGC and proceeds will be given to Tenement Elementary School to build classrooms.

Knowing that funds will be benefited by students, participants we’re rest assured that the project will be accomplished and built in time. Integrity is one of HP’s core values.


The Story:
I've been participating this annual event for the past 2 years and I must say “HP Run 2013” would be the “most attended”, “most successful” and “well organize” to date. Very commendable improvement to those who worked behind this much awaited running occasion for HP employees and now opened to non HP to generate funds for a cause. Aside from that, HP Run level up as they’ve change the usual McKinley course path to the famous running venue, BGC and connected to Kalayaan flyover going back to Mercato near S&R. It heightens up the challenge and excitement for us runners.

Before the race | Group shot
There are different category with the said event, 3K, 5k solo, 5k buddy and 10k. I’ve registered for the longer distance to execute the training plan that I’ve learned from a magazine and seminar that I’ve attended. My target pace would be “6 minutes per kilometer” as I’m progressing on the race I suddenly felt and told myself that “I can speed up” so I’ve tried to run a little bit faster and managed to shift “5 minutes per kilometer”.

And that would be my goal, to maintain that speed till I reach the finish line, I’m very familiar with the course route and slope of Kalayaan Flyover so it easy on my part to cross over with the mentioned path as I monitor my speed, my breathing as well as my body rhythm. I can make it; I motivate myself to finish strong.

I've learned from my previous run to be wise, “running fast is reckless you’ll just ending up weak with muscle pain”. Now, I do pacing to monitor my speed without compromising and exerting too much effort in my legs. Rhythm

From Mercato/ 38th street we’ve turned left to the 8th and followed the instructions of the traffic officer going to British School Manila – One and Two Serendra and when we've reached the corner of 26th street we've ran straight ahead till an event organizer was pointing us to the rightmost direction approaching The Mind Museum an estimated 1 kilometer run bound to St. Luke Hospital and I've personally reach the Kalayaan Flyover, the challenge is on as I maintain my speed and power running upward and downward the said flyover. Marshal gave us strings to signify that we've crossed the area and we've u turn going back to Mercato.

We’ve followed the same route off to the finish line and along the way saw my officemates enjoying the race. Sweat overload
Kuya Rodel and Jhadie | buddy
To fast forward the story telling, I’ve cross the line 52 minutes 17 second according to the official result from HP, Sub 1 it is! And I even ranked number 18. Happy Me :)
with lenlen and Budz | finishers 
I immediately do my stretching to cool down my body and headed at the venue to grab my loot bags and other freebies, also I took the opportunity to have picture taking with my officemates. See our photos below
With Ms. Liza | Former Unix Tower Manager
After the race | UNIX and friends
Photo booth | Picture perfect
To end up, I've finished strong without any injury or muscle pain. All the trainings are worth it and I’ll keep up improving myself in terms of speed. Thanks for reading, see you on the road.
Finish Strong Baron! | Credits to the owner of this photo


No comments:

Post a Comment