Thursday, August 15, 2013

Quezon City International Marathon

(re-posting)

It’s been a while since I’ve posted here in Tumblr. I would like to share my first “half marathon” experience last December 2, 2012 at Quezon City Memorial Circle.

The event was entitled 4th SMDC Quezon City International Marathon. I run for 21 K category. I’ve been preparing for the said marathon because I wanted to try and finish a full marathon maybe next year. Going back, it’s been a month long training of running (thrice a week), proper diet and enough sleep as well as reading some guidelines about running properly.

I am so excited that I've arrived 1 hour earlier before the gun start, so the usual routine before running “Warm Up” to make sure that my body is well prepared.

Let the run begins: at exactly 4:30 am 21 k runners were so energetic to run the trail of the said distance. We went inside UP Diliman to commonwealth highway and the turning point would be before entering the ECO Park premises.

I must say that running under 21ck category was a big challenge. Muscle cramps, tiresome body and pressure on your part if you are aiming for a specific time record.

At my 17k I felt pain in my legs. Still I managed to run. I told myself “Tiis tiis lang Baron… ilang kilometro na lang yan” , “kaya pa! at kakayanin mo pa!” I motivated myself by those encouraging words and finished the said event with a record of 2 hours 19 minutes and 48 seconds. When an organizer gave me my medal, all the body pain was worthless! Very rewarding.

My first medal! First experience! I am so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment